I just took a trip to Esarn and noticed that most all of the faces on political posters there had Chinese-Thai faces. It saddens me to see that the local indigenous people in the provinces aren’t running their local governments or representing their provinces in Bangkok. It’s been this way for generations from what I found chatting with some locals. It just seems wrong to me. What is wrong with Thailand and its leaders to allow this to happen? Thais like to say the country have never been colonized yet to me it seems like Thailand has a Chinese government.
The Chinese also run most of the businesses upcountry as well – – it’s just how it is – the men seem more aggressive toward money and power than the average Thai man. I certainly have noted this but it does not seem to bother my wife – maybe the Chinese Thai are brought up with a better understanding of these matters, but I do not hear much grumbling amongst the Thai/Thai…
So, does it bother me – – no. I am a foreigner here. It is what it is.
เพชรพิณทอง 02 ( Thai-Esarn Comedy )
Uploaded by khonlaoUSA on Sep 17, 2009
Comedy: เพชรพิณทอง-Phet Phin Thong
- คลิป ตลก » Blog Archive » ตลก คณะ เพชร พิณ ทอง ชุด แจก ข้าว หา ลุง แนบ 9-9
- Are you kidding me?
- THAI SONG,THAI MUSIC, MUL-LUM PORNSAK SONGSANG | Thailand A 2 Z
- THAI FOOD Laab (Spicy Ground Beef) | Cooking Recipe
Related articles by Zemanta
- Agoda Makes a Splash at Songkran, Thailand’s New Year Festival (prweb.com)
- Northern Thailand’s bowls of bliss (nationalpost.com)
- Let’s Do Lunch: Jitlada (laist.com)
- Make It Actually, Really Hot, Please (slog.thestranger.com)
- Thailand’s bloody protests (blogs.ft.com)