udonthani in thailand
How to do a visa run from Thailand to Laos, via the border, after flying to Udonthani ..?
Can I just take a bus from Udonthani to the Laos border for the visa run, pay for the Laos visa, and not have to go to the Thai Embassy in Laos capital, but just come right back to Udonthani and do I still get the 30 days back for Thailand?
I don’t suppose whatever you are saying is correct,for your info here are some pages to go through for the Lao visa run:
udonthani in thailand
Medical Tourism Network Thailand, Study Report
On approval of the strategic plan to develop Thailand as a “Medical Hub of Asia”, the plan aims to promote related sectors consisting of medical care services, health promotion tourism, and Thai herbal & health products. The core business in the medical care services are the private hospitals, and the number is now up to 256 private hospitals all over the country. In addition, there are more than a hundred of these private hospitals that will be able to accommodate the foreign customers. Since 2002, the number of foreign customers in Thailand is high, and has risen every year. There were 1.42 million foreign customers using medical care services in Thailand, and created revenue up to 37,300 million Baht, particularly in 2007. The medical care services distribute revenue to other linkage industries — for example, pharmaceutical, medical equipment, medial tourism, hotels, restaurants, etc.; consequently, the growth brings about job creation and economic expansion overall. Accordingly, the importance of those businesses to the tourism industry caused Tourism Authority of Thailand to study “the Structure of Business Investment in the Medical Tourism Industry” related to the major industry: private hospitals and its linkage industries in order to obtain useful data to further develop strategies and policies to promote and bolster the medical tourism industry.
Purposes of the Study
- Increase the competitiveness of the entrepreneurs and investors of both large-sized enterprises and small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- Support medical tourism-linkage industries.
- Promote investment in the tourism industry.
- Reduce investment problems and obstacles in dealing with the government sector.
Scope of the Study
- Target group: The target of this study can be divided into 3 groups as follows;
- Major industry entrepreneurs: The names of the private hospitals with the potential to accommodate foreign tourists or customers were sorted out from the official national private hospital list of Therapeutic Disease Division, Department of Health Support Services, Ministry of Public Health (Data on September 2008). It is found that there are 132 private hospitals nationwide which are eligible for this study.
- Linkage industry entrepreneurs: 37 linkage industry entrepreneurs with the potential to accommodate foreign tourists or customers were chosen by purposive sampling so as to be the sample of each industry.
- Experts and policymakers: 12 medical tourism public organizations and associations were chosen.
- Major competing countries: The potential competing countries in the same region with the goal to promote their medical tourism and to attract foreigners to use medical care services within their countries; namely, Singapore, Malaysia, India, and South Korea were chosen.
- Target areas: In this study, the target areas are divided into 3 areas by the potential in terms of tourism and medical care services; and in each area, there are potential private hospitals as follows;
- High Potential Tourism Provinces: 92 Potential private hospitals.
- Medium Potential Tourism Provinces: 29 Potential private hospitals
- Border Provinces: 11 Potential private hospitals
Medical Tourism refers to traveling with the objective to obtain medical care services in standard hospitals or medical centers. The activities include treatments, health prevention, and health rehabilitation; for example, check-up, medical treatments, dentistry, cosmetics surgery, transsexual surgery, etc. This study disregards holistic health or health promotion tourism
Potential private hospital refers to the hospital which fulfils the following criteria:
- Provides medical care services with modern medical equipment and technology by specialist doctors, convenient and quick services with hospitality, and has the potential to support foreigners. There should be health treatments services, e.g.
- Medical Check up
- Medical Treatments
- Dental Treatment
- Cosmetic Surgery / Plastic Surgery
- Physical Therapy
- Target foreigners including;
- Leisure Tourists
- Medical tourists who intend to use medical care services, excluding wellness tourists who intend to use healthy services, e.g. spas, Thai massage, and etc.
- Has the potential to accommodate foreign tourists with supporting facilities and personnel, such as
- Having personnel to take care of foreigners, e.g,. interpreters and the foreign client care staff, etc.
- Having facilities for foreigners, e.g., rooms, international foods, cable TV, magazines, and etc.
Private hospitals can be divided into 3 sizes as follows;
- A small sized hospital refers to the hospital with 31-50 beds.
- A medium sized hospital refers to the hospital with 51-150 beds.
- A large sized hospital refers to the hospital with more than 150 beds.
High Potential Tourism Provinces refers to a major tourism destination with the high potential to provide tourism and medical care services, including the following provinces.
- Bangkok Metropolitan Area and its vicinity
- Central Region: Hua Hin – Cha-am Districts (Prachuapkhirikhan and Phetchaburi)
- South Region: Phuket and Koh Samui (Suratthani)
- North East Region: Udonthani
- North Region: Chiang Mai
- East Region: Pattaya (Chonburi)
Medium Potential Tourism Provinces refers to a minor tourism destination with the moderate potential to provide tourism and medical care services, including the following provinces.
- Central Region: Ayutthaya, Kanchanaburi, Lopburi, and Ratchaburi
- South Region: Songkhla (Hatyai), Trang, Krabi, Nakhonsithammarat,Ranong and Chumphon
- North East Region: Nakhonratchasima, Khon Kaen and Loei
- North Region: Nakhonsawan, Phitsanulok, Maehongson and Sukhothai
- East Region: Rayong and Chanthaburi
Border Tourism Provinces refers to a tourism destination or area connected to the neighboring countries which has the moderate potential to provide tourism and medical care services, including the following provinces.
- Chiang Rai
- Nong Khai
- Yala (Betong)
Cheap price (not expensive) means having lower medical costs with the same medical service provided by other countries.
Worth money means the satisfaction obtained after using services. Although the expense is higher, the consumer is willing to pay, and feels it is worth the money and with a reasonable price.
Business partner refers to an organization or a company which has some degree of involvement with one another; for example, being suppliers, customers, and distributors, etc. This includes the businesses with linkage to raw materials, intermediate goods, final goods, and services. The businesses which can share their customers with each other are also included. Generally, business partners usually support each other’s business operation.
Distributor refers to a general person, a legal person, or an organization which is officially assigned as a product and/or service distributor of a particular company or organization.
1.) Situation of Global Medical Tourism Medical tourism gains high popularity from tourists around the globe. Regarding the data provided by “Bworldonline” and “ITRI Industrial Economics & Knowledge Center, IEK”, it is stated that in 2005 there were 19 million medical tourists worldwide, generating revenue of up to 20,000 million US dollars in total. It is also projected that this industry would be larger, double in size in fact, equivalent to 40 million medical tourists worldwide, or revenue of 40,000 million US dollars in 2010. There are several important factors facilitating the growth of medical tourism industry as follows; First, most people of developed countries, especially the US, are not in the public health insurance system. Regarding the report of the US Census Bureau conducted during 2007-2008, it is found that 86.7 million Americans (or 29% of all) do not have any health insurance. Second, the US health service costs tend to continuously rise, resulting in an increase in medical costs. Currently, the US has the world’s highest medical costs. Third, the medical care services in developed countries, e.g., the US, Canada, England, Sweden, Italy, etc., usually have a long waiting list, so it takes a very long time to access the services in those countries. Fourth, the medical costs in developing countries and Asian countries are significantly cheaper than the costs in the US and the European countries. Fifth, currently, the quality of medical care services in developing countries and Asian countries is equivalent or even higher than the one of developed countries. Sixth, due to the cut off — the rising medical costs of some large-sized companies in the US — they tend to prefer medical outsourcing by letting their staff get medical treatments abroad with lower medical costs.
Major Market Leading Countries
Currently, Asia is considered as the world’s highest potential medical tourism continent, and generates revenue of up to 3.4 billion US dollars from foreigners’ expenses, or equivalent to 12.7% of the global market, which is estimated to be 26.77 billion US dollars in total. In fact, the growth of medical tourism in Asia is projected to grow at a CAGR of 17.6% during 2007-2012.
Medical Tourism Network
can anyone give me the facts about Udonthani for a long stay in thailand?
I used to live in Udonthani city for 2 years. It’s a nice big town now with all that any foreigner could need not far away, including shopping, some nightlife, and medical care. The people are really nice in this area also. I think you would enjoy it. I hope to get back to visit friends their again one of these days.
Here some more information for you: http://isan.sawadee.com/udonthani/
Mortiboy sings Thai song in a bar – Udon Thani Thailand
Uploaded by infoudonthani on Jul 28, 2011
Mortiboy, a farang retiree and resident of Udon Thani City in Thailand, sings a thai song from the band Loso. Staff of the bar and a female guest sing along with him.
As a hobby he enjoys to play guitar and sing songs.
Car Phone Mount, Vena [6Netic] Magnetic Car Mount, Windshield & Dashboard Suction Cup Holder for iPhone X/8 Plus/8, Galaxy Note 8/S8 Plus/S8, Google Pixel 2/2 XL, LG V30/G6, HTC, Motorola – Black
Magnetic Mount for Dashboard and WindshieldThe Vena 6Netic magnetic suction mount incorporates 6 powerful N45 magnets to safely and securely mount your smart phone to any dashboard or windshield, whether in yours or your carpool’s car.Maximize Your Commute with the vCommute CasePair the magnetic suction dashboard mount with the Vena vCommute case and maximize your commute. With its 6 powerful magn…
128 Capacity CD/DVD case Wallet, storage,holder,booklet by Rekukos（Black）
. Protective Keep Dirt Away & Prevent Scratches . Durable exterior protects your CD/DVD . Moisture & Tear Resistant . Holds 128 CD/DVD Discs…
Zento Deals Soft Faux Sheepskin Seat Belt Gray Shoulder Pad- Two Pack- A Must Have for All Car Owners for a More Comfortable Driving
Soft Faux Sheepskin Seat Belt Gray Shoulder Pad- Two Pack – A Must Have for All Car Owners for a More Comfortable Driving ➤ Do you often travel with your car? Do you often feel uncomfortable using the seatbelts especially during long drives? Do you want to feel More Convenient and More Comfortable while driving? If yes, then definitely this product produced by Zento Deals is made for you. Bei…
Boveda 72-Percent RH Retail Cube Humidifier/Dehumidifier, 60gm – Pack of 12
Boveda Technology Works Two Ways Whether it’s food, cigars, cigarettes, RYO, chewing tobacco or herbal medicine, these products lose their character if the humidity isn’t right. Too much humidity is just as bad as being too dry, especially when mold enters the picture. Boveda’s patented technology adds or removes humidity as conditions require, maintaining the specific moisture conte…
Coop Home Goods – THE EDEN PILLOW – Ultra Tech Cover with Gusset – ADJUSTABLE Fill features cooling and hypoallergenic gel infused memory foam with fiberfill – MADE IN USA – QUEEN
I’m Eden, and you could say that I’m the top-of-the-line model here at Coop. I’ll keep you cool with my gel-infused memory foam. I also have a special blend of premium combed microfiber, which makes me softer, cushier, and more luxurious than the others. My gusseted cover makes me special and ensures full edge-to-edge support. The Case With an added gusset, the soft, luxurious Eden case allows mor…
LONGEM High-Back Mesh Office Chair – Adjustable Arms and Headrest Breathable Ergonomic Computer Chair Desk Task Executive Chair
Good News For Those Being Stuck In A Chair For Too Long Does your job require you to stay perched for eight hours a day, or more? Does your day involve too much sitting, while you’re studying? Did you know that sitting too much can be worse than smoking? Probably, yes, otherwise you wouldn’t be looking for a quality office chair with support right now!/p> You Can Now Feel Supported At Work Or At H…
Raven’s Brew Whole Bean Breakfast Blend (Misty Fjords )
Imagine waking up to the enticing aroma of Raven’s Brew Coffee. Whether you drink coffee as a starter to your day, a finish to a perfect meal, or because you just love the taste like the rest of us, Raven’s Brew Coffee is for you. With its unique flavor profiles, Raven’s Brew Coffee will provide you with an enlightening experience that takes you on a trip around the world. Now roasted not only in …
Doctor Who Figural Tardis Mug, 17 oz
Imported from the UK! The TARDIS’ chameleon circuit is supposed to allow the time-space craft of the Doctor to blend into its surroundings, only it has never worked quite right. This time, the chameleon circuit has caused the TARDIS, still stuck in its form as a 1960’s London police box, to become shaped like a coffee mug!…
Daixers Silicone Baking Mats Large 23.62 x 15.74 ,Non Stick Non Skid Pastry-Mat with Measurements (Red)
– Heat safe baking mat can be used in the oven or microwave as a liner for your cookware. – Nonstick surface lets you skip greasing! – Unlike other silicone mats for baking, it has a fine mesh fiberglass core to prevent wear and tear. – The nonstick surface is 100% food grade silicone, not BPA-laden plastic. – Design includes weight, temperature & metric conversions. – Printed sizing guide lets yo…